**Tiger VENOM (In Documentary)

Post your RP logs here if you want RPP from the RP Admins and so the pbase can read them.
ikenbon

**Tiger VENOM (In Documentary)

Post by ikenbon » 17 Apr 2021, 22:35

Characters: Koshoro, Documentor (NPC), Mr. Byakko (NPC), Fuwara (NPC), The BOSS (NPC). Miyozama (NPC)
Type: Background
Synopsis: Conversations with locals of Sector Eight's Harlem regarding the 'Tiger' murder of Zieger Bokkoro.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Interior: Ikekatto Restaurant, a small sushi bar on the Sector 8 west warf outside Harlem. Small lantern string lights are hung beneath a cloth awning. Coasters with empty glasses rest on the top of the bar. An older, bald halfbreed with tan skin wearing a white undershirt, and an apron gathers them and sets them into the dish pit away from the counter. In the brackground, behind two, thin screens the shadows of the chefs can be seen, their silhouetes bent over a long prepping table, with knives that slice through the armored mail of the daily catch and prepare it for service.

Narration: "The Ikekatto restaurant is a local favorite. Open even in the late hours, it has been a family-owned establishment for three generations, and is currently maintained by Mr. Byakko, and his sons."

Mr. Byakko: "Ikekatto has served the residents of Sector Eight for over seventy years. My grandfather first opened it after leaving 'Hero City' when the influx of residents to what would become the Vitae Expansion arrived. We had family here, in the Saiyan Harlem, and most of the more affluent businesses in the area had closed down once their connections with the Shadow Syndicate were revealed."

Documentor: "Did your Grandfather have any concerns about Sector Eight back then, after the Syndicate fell. The Saiyans were still settling in around that time, right?"

Mr. Byakko: "It had only been a few decades since the great invasion. LEGENDE and the Earth Sphere weren't very generous towards the Saiyans, that's true... but once that business with Red Shot began... hehehaha... well, their priorities had to shift."

Documentor: "That battle... it was just south, right? Outside Bear Forest?"

Mr. Byakko: "Yes, I believe so, but... to answer the question, no, my Grandfather knew there would be hardships, but there was promise. Sector Eight, even when it was briefly Signas City, has always had more money leaving it than coming in, but Harlem was growing then."

Documentor: "Some in the area seem to think your family has always had some connections with... less savory organizations. Your grandfather was called a 'sweeper' when he first arrived after the Syndicate fiasco."

Mr. Byakko: "Who says that?"

----------------

Interior: A small capsule house on the north side of Harlem. Windows facing west where the smokestacks of the industrial sector outside Space Port Delta belch their sulfurous clouds. Furniture overthrown. A small porch with a screen, and glass door with bend shades obscurs a living room where two young children watch a holo screen. An older, Saiyan woman sits in a lawn chair, casually smoking a cigarette and ashes into an empty planter's pot sat on a glass, outdoor stand.

Mrs. Perrigan: "I knew Byakko's father. A smart man. A cunning man. He had a fine, and righteous temper. They all do. Can't trust a man with that kind of fire inside them. Never know what they're capable of."

Documentor: "Who was Mr. Byakko's father?"

Mrs. Perrigan: "A stout Saiyan. A proud man. He had a mustache as thick as a broom, and a bald head that he waxed. He smoked cigars on the warf, and I swear the only reason the Ikekatto managed to stay open back then is because the smoke of those stogies smelled only slightly less foul than the warf itself. He never drank, but he gambled, a lot, and that's a terrible combination. A man that doesn't drink when he's losing money starts to wonder how to make more to lose. That's how I think they all got involved in that Yakuza business. Bad debts."

-----------------

Interior: Ikekatto Restuarant

Mr. Byakko: "It's true my father played a lot of cards, and gambled a great deal. He did have to take out loans, but they were all from reputable banks, and loaners. He may have gotten in over his head a few times, but my mother, Kami rest her soul, steered him right. These are hurtful accusations."

Documentor: "But it is true that your son, Kosho, was a part of the Saiyan Yakuza?"

Mr. Byakko: "My son is his own man. He got involved in some things he regrets, and has paid his debts. I'm happy to have him back here, beneath my wing."

Documentor: "When your father was applying for these loans, and in need of this money though... that's when the Yakuza was forming."

-------------------

Interior: Kappusabushi Cafe. A small street cafe on the east end of Harlem. Iron tables covered in indigo table cloths dot the sidewalk, struck like islands between hard, rigid chairs beneath clouds of colorful umbrellas. A large, glass window and a door with a bell separates the street from a cozy cafe. Behind the wide, oak counter lie a number of wall-mounted coffee tumblers. Small plates covered by napkins and adorned with upside-down cofee cups await the morning's patrons.

Narration: "Kappusabushi is another local favorite, and has been a part of Harlem since the inception of Sector Eight. The first Saiyan Rights activists following the invasions began publishing, and discussing their political strategies here. It has been the beachhead of numerous movements, and the first battle ground for Saiyan representation on the Earth Council, and LEGENDE emergency forces. As recently as last month, the Saiyan workers at the starport have gathered here to discuss recent layoffs involving Insignian (non-sentient) drones replacing starship steel-workers."

Documentor: "Mr. Udamu, you bought Kappusabushi after the Yakuza were brought to trial at LEGENDE, and the previous owner was caught up in a scandal with her involvement with them. Has it been hard to restore the cafe's reputation?"

Mr. Udamu: "It's been difficult, yes, but the legacy of Kappusabushi is strong enough to mire a few stains."

Documentor: "When you were growing up, the Yakuza were a fairly... prominent enterprise here in Sector Eight?"

Mr. Udamu: "Yes, they were. Truth be told, most businesses in Harlem were funded in some small way by them, whether it was directly or descretly. Saiyans in the area became a bit accustomed to... asking fewer questions they they ordinarily might have, under different arrangements."

Documentor: "Do you think most business owners were willing to look the other way because the Yakuza helped Harlem?"

Mr. Udamu: "That's a hard question to answer... Harlem was definitely 'safer' than it had ever been. I mean, it was a Saiyan area. Fights tend to happen, but the EDF had stopped their patrols, and the Yakuza made sure that money found its way into the hands of anyone looking for workers, so jobs were less scarce. But, even if they 'helped' Harlem in that way, they involved a lot of young people in dirty business, and now... now we have familes with gaping holes. Communities driven apart. The Saiyans of Harlem have been tight-knit for centuries, and now there are accusations. There's blood that has been spilled. Rivarlies in Saiyan culture can last generations. So, no, I don't think the Yakuza 'helped' Harlem. They divided us."

Documentor: "You say blood has been spilt, what do you mean?"

Mr. Udamu: "Ask anyone in Harlem about the 'Tiger' of Sector Eight."

-------------------

Exterior: Friendship Square. A wide, open park with a large fountain. Surrounded by a copse of evergreen trees the Saiyan War Memorial stands above it on a large platform. Park Benches covered in cherry blossoms wilting in the summer heat fill the air with a sweet scent. Young children run across the lawn while their parents, and grandparents talk among the benches and marble pathways.

Narration: "We asked five people what they knew about the 'Tiger' of Sector Eight."

Mazura Moto (74yo.): "The Tiger? I saw it on the holo-screen some time back. Some kind of serial killer, I think? Bloody business all around."

Leiko Sakurai (48yo.): "Those were the Yakuza murders. Back when they were still running things here in Harlem. Most people just thought they were trying to send a signal to their rivals. 'Here's what happens if you mess with us', that sort of thing.

Yokuri Negitaro (36yo.): "Yeah, right, the Tiger. I remember when that was happening. They didn't really know what that was about, at the time. There were rumors about it all. The EDF were asking a lot of questions, and looking for information, but nothing really turned up. Any murder, or just bad accident seemed to get added to the list for a while. It was kind of sensational. My parents made me promise to be home before dark for a few months (but I snuck out anyway)."

Zedra Kashura (16yo.): "What? Did a Tiger escape from Signas Zoo?"

Nyabi Teshiro (41yo.): "Ohhhhhhh, I know about the Tiger. I was an RN at Signas Hospital the night they wheeled in Zieger Bokkoro. Even though the police report says he was dead when they found him, I can guarantee you he made it to the ward while he was still breathing. Whoever had done that to him... mmmm MMM mmmm... they must have been one real ice-cold bastard."

--------------------

Interior: Signas Hospital. White tile, and white walls. White lights, and white window blinders. Steel rolling tables. Surgeons in gowns storming down hallways while nurses with clipboards move from room to room with aero-carts filled with lunch-trays full of pills in paper cups. A reception desk covered in papers. A phone that never stops ringing. Residents meeting with family members on plush sofas in the central lobbies.

Documentor: "You were here the night Zieger Bokkoro was brought in?"

Nyabi Teshiro: "I wasn't just here, I was in the room with him when he died. It was a late night shift. He was brought up to the emergency ward at around two, or three in the morning."

Documentor: "What were your first impressions?"

Nyabi Teshiro: "We knew he wasn't going to make it. We tried. Kami knows we tried, but it was a miracle he had made it to us in the shape he did."

Documentor: "Did you know who Zieger Bokkoro was before he was brought in to the hospital?"

Nyabi Teshiro: "I had heard the name, but it wasn't until the report was released, and the press picked it up that I really understood what had happened."

Documentor: "Can you tell us why these were called the 'Tiger' murders?"

Nyabi Teshiro: "Zieger had been... hurt. His stomach opened. His entrails pulled out. His vocal chords had been crushed too... we think... so he couldn't scream. The wounds were superficial enough that they wouldn't kill him outright but when the police found him, he had been chained to a support beam of a warehouse, left to... bleed out, or become infected... or just starve to death in pain. It was like a cat wounding its prey, and leaving it to die. But it was too gruesome to be just a cat... Whoever did this, they were a killer. A Tiger."

Documentor: "What makes you so certain that they were a viscious person like that?"

Nyabi Teshiro: "He wasn't 'cut' up. Whoever did this... they did it with their bare hands.

---------------------

Interior: Ikekatto Restaurant

Documentor: "You've heard the stories about the 'Tiger' of Sector Eight?"

Mr. Byakko: "I won't discuss such a thing. My son had nothing to do with those horrible accusations."

---------------------

Interior: Slammers Bar. A dark, oak staircase leads to a dimly lit porch deck filled with tables with ashtrays. Beyond the saloon doors lies a billiard table, and a gaming hall with an ancient arcade cabinet tucked into one corner. The main bar is a central island surrounded by large tables, and embroidered by booths. On the second floor is a second, smaller bar with an aero-tram connecting its ice boxes to the kitchen below it. Stepping out of the back doors brings our camera to a back porch overlooking a large, jungle of concrete and man-made obstacles. A huge bowl in the earth has been dug and spray-painted with generations of graffiti. On the rim of its edges lie a number of small mechanical nodes connected by a buried circuit. These glass, and platinum-boxes form a barely visible shield over the fighting pit to dampened ascended-powers, and prevent stray blasts from firing out into the bar, or the city. Workout pits surround the fighting ring. Overloaded with equipment that only super-humans could make use of. In the distance a massive dirt-pit with iron chains wrapped around starship landing wheels is being swept. An elderly changeling wearing a black jacket with the words "WORLD'S STRONGEST" sips on a protein shake at the railing overlooking the arena.

Naration: Slammers Bar is one of the infamous local destinations in the city of Sector Eight, possibly even all of earth. As legend has it, the first Shadow once frequented these halls, and Slammers became the launch pad of the ascended revolution. Some of the most talented, and well-trained meta-humans in the galaxy have frequented Slammers for decades, and regular 'world tournaments' have been held in this very arena.

Documentor: "What made you decide to buy, and restore Slammers?"

The BOSS: "It's a place that has a legacy, and I wanted my name to be attached to something that contributed something important to the 'verse."

Documentor: "You're name is Vencer Tyr'Azalam? That name doesn't appear in the Imperial Codex. In fact there's still a pretty large bounty on your head in the West Galaxy. Can you talk about that for a moment?"

The BOSS: "I'd rather not. It's all ancient history, and now that the alliance has broken, I'm not too worried about what goes on in the Western Galaxy. What's all this business now? These cameras? What're you folks up to?"

Documentor: "We're doing a documentary on the Saiyan Yakuza."

The BOSS: "So, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be up on LEGENDE? Most of them are still in the lockers.

Documentor: "Most, yes, but one of them... works here. Do you know a man named Kosho Byakko?"

The BOSS: "I do. He's a good man."

Documentor: "They call him the Tiger. Some of our sources say he used to come he a lot when he was younger, and still running with the Yakuza. They say you trained him to fight."

The BOSS: "I taught him Imperial Boxing."

Documentor: "What kind of style is that?"

The BOSS: "It's an old style. They don't teach it in the IEM anymore. It's not as effective since ascended fighting really became prominent in the last century."

Documentor: "What kind of experience do you have with ascended fighting?"

The BOSS: "Even before Slammers I had traveled the 'verse a great deal. I saw a lot of different fighting, and weapon styles. When I got here, and the place began to cater to fighters like that, we started working on 'adapting' or 'updating' the traditional fighting methods. Ascended fighting is a lot different than traditional martial arts. It's much more focused on 'clash' style techniques. In ascended fights, when your opponent is strong enough to put their fist through a concrete column, or use a tree as a club, one hit is very significant. You tend to get 'blown back' by those sorts of strikes. Maybe you'll use your energy for a while for some longer range combat, but typically you spend the battle briefly engaging, someone gets knocked away, then either you follow or wait for them to go back. It's really not that much different from boxing, there's just a lost more space to recover once you've traded with the opponent."

Documentor: "Was Kosho Byakko talented at this style?"

The BOSS: "Fighting isn't like art or music. You can't just be 'talented' at it. The only way to get a feel for where you even are is to be in real, life-threatening danger. But Kosho was... average? He started as a boy. Maybe fifteen? Sixteen? He's got Saiyan blood though, so he took to it. I wouldn't call him 'talented' but he was brave, and not afraid to get hit in order to hit back."

Documentor: "Did you know he was part of the Yakuza when he was growing up?"

The BOSS: "I never really had a problem with the Yakuza. They did right by Slammers. They helped Harlem. Yeah, they got into some bad business from time to time, but overall, they were just doing what Saiyans do. They build clans, and communities, and slowly make their way up to conquest. If you Humans haven't figured that out by now, I'm surprised Earth isn't New Vegeta."

Documentor: "You're fairly integrated into the Saiyan community here in Sector Eight? You 'raised' a lot of the members of the Yakuza here. Some might even say you were responsible for them coming into prominence."

The BOSS: "I didn't 'raise' anyone. I taught young women, and men with fledgling ascended powers how to use them. How to train to make themselves stronger, and how to hold back. Being Zantetsu (sorry, our word for ascended) isn't easy. It invites conflict. We're drawn to situations, and circumstances that are dangerous, and require survival skills that the average person doesn't have to deal with. There's a whole path we're walking in the shadows of civilization. There's a drama to our lives that invites larger than life obstacles. And there's not many of us who grow old, so what we learn rarely gets passed on. That's the real reason for Slammers. This business... this Yakuza? It's a footnote. Harlem isn't going to remember the Yakuza. They're going to remember VENOM. They're going to remember Indon. And as for Kosho... He's not the 'Tiger' you're looking for."

Documentor: "What makes you so sure?"

The BOSS: "Go to the Lockers. Talk to Miyomaza."

------------------------

Interior: LEGENDE Crisis Facility -- The Lockers: A dimly lit cell. Laser bars crisscrossing, and crackling with energy. A small cot with a blanket, a pillow. A man in an orange jumpsuit sits on the edges. He's covered in tattoots from foot to neck. A Saiyan Halfbreed with a thin mustach and a bald head.

Narration: After visiting Slammers we though it was time to head to LEGENDE and hear from the man himself. Miyomaza was the leader of the Yakuza for four years. He ran shipments of Konatsu Aria-Spice through Makono, and Vitae-City. He took his position in the clan after beheading the previous leader. He's sentenced to fifty-eight years imprisonment in LEGENDE.

Documentor: "Miyomaza, can you tell us how the Yakuza started?"

Miyomaza: "It wasn't like we woke up one day and decided to be a outfit, if that's what you mean. We were just Saiyans who grew up in Harlem together. Sector Eight has always been in a bad way. The only kind of success we normally see is when one of our own becomes a well-known fighter of some kind. So we aspired to that. This was all before Ki-Ball, and ascended sports became a thing. We went to Slammers, we learned from the warriors passing through there. We dealt with some minor meta-human threats that cropped up. We gained a reputation. We started out just... defending Harlem. Defending Sector Eight. We got into business really just providing protection."

Documentor: "But it was long before your... defense... switched to offence."

Miyomaza: "Can you really blame us? We had power. We had jurisdiction. We were doing more to keep Sector Eight under control than then EDF. We started to clash with them. We started to have problems. But they had hardware, and ships. We had... a community backing us. We needed zeni. We just needed enough zeni to you know... protect what we had built."

Documentor: "And you didn't care how you got it."

Miyomaza: "We cared a lot how we got it, but the thing you Humans never seem to understand is the 'verse is a big place. Not everyone lives these modest little lives in capsule cities. There's all kinds of crazy shit going on in the stars, and we come from a race that's been all across it. Gotten mixed up in the dirty laundry of every tyrant and planet-snatching government that ever was. We're been on the front-lines, capturing worlds, wrenching the whole galaxy's peace away for so long that when our own planet turned into a nuclear wasteland, we were all off fighting too many wars to stop it. King Geist. I spit on the name."

Documentor: "Can you tell us about the Tiger?"

Miyomaza: "Who?"

Documentor: "Koshoro?"

Miyomaza: "Oh, Ko? What do you want to know about Ko? He's a good boy. A good man. Shame he got mixed up in all this."

Documentor: "Most people say he was your first hand. Your lieutenant."

Miyomaza: "I mean, yeah I kept him around. He was that kind of man that was tough enough to depend on if things got out of hand, but also, you know... someone you could bring to dinner at anyone's house they'd have some good story about him when he was young. He helped the Yakuza be legitmate."

Documentor: "Did he kill Zieger Bokkoro?"

Miyomaza: "What kind of shit is this? Coming here, with your cameras, and your lights, asking questions about the family. Asking me to speak against my own crew. My own men. What kind of nerve, or stupidity do you have to ask me something like that?"

Documentor: "So, he was involved?"

Miyomaza: "If Koshoro was involved with that event at all, he was a sweeper at best. A clean-up guy. Someone to make the thing dissapear. Why the fuck would you think Kosho would be involved with Bokkoro? He's a good guy. A good man. Koshoro wasn't a dangerous kind of character. He worked hard, he did what he was told, he was honest. Maybe the most honest out of all of us."

Documentor: "You call him the Tiger..."

Miyomaza: "The Tiger? The TIGER? Yeah, I call him Koshoro. I was drunk one night and we were playing cards and I couldn't say his stupid name, and I called him Koshoro. We all laughed. I kept calling him it. Is that was this bullshit is all about? The 'TIGER' of Sector Eight? Get Out. All of yous. Get the hell out."

Documentor: "If Koshoro isn't the guy who killed Bokkoro, who is? Who is the Tiger?"

Miyomaza: "There ain't no Tiger. There never was. Get out! I'm through with you."

-----------------------

Narration: We spent several weeks looking for more information about the 'Tiger' of Sector Eight. We spoke with a lot of residents of Harlem, took a lot of photoage of their recollection of the events, but no one seemed to actually know who the Tiger was. Then... out of the blue... after all these attempts to find the answer... we received an anonymous phone call...

Live Photoage: The Documentor, a scruffy looking Human with a pot-belly moves to his desk and picks up the phone. He reaches for a pad of paper, and begins scribbling notes while nodding.

-------------------------

Interior: A dark warehouse. Midnight. There's barely any light. Our source sits on a stool.

???: "So you want to know about the Tiger?"

Documentor: "Yes. You say you were involved with the hit on Zieger Bokkoro."

???: "Yeah. I was there. I was... supposed to be the one who did it."

Documentor: "And what stopped you?"

???: "I mean, we knew the guy was meta. Don't get me wrong. We had planned for that. But we weren't really equipped to deal with it. We didn't suspect what he'd be really capable of."

Documentor: "Who is 'we'?"

???: "Myself, Miyomaza... and Koshoro."

Documentor: "What happened?"

???: "It's hard to say. I was knocked out in the whole ordeal near the end. It was one of those rippers though. This guy... he was a terror. The kind of mercenary you never really want to hire. The kind that just enjoyed the violence, and thought the zeni was icing. I knew him from a few jobs before. Had seen his work. Knew how 'involved' he got with his deals. He had a reputationl, obviously, but it's a different thing when it's up close and personal with you."

Documentor: "What happened?"

???: "We shot him first. Honestly might be the only reason we all survived. He took a bullet in the side and then came after us like a demon out of hell. Miyomaza had rifle and I'm sure got him a few more times, but once their energy is up, a meta-human is fucking unstoppable, practically. He tore into us. Koshoro is sitting there like... I don't know... boxing the fucker? Like just trying to go toe to toe with him. Knuckles, and knees, and all that shit, and it's not doing much good. The kid is getting absolutely beat to a pulp, but he's keeping this fucker placaded, or amused, or something... Gives Miyozama a chance to pick himself back up. The two of us lay in from the side with knifes, and shit. We get some good stabs, then Koshoro fucking hits Bokkoro at the same time with some teeth-breaking hook and... well... the bastard flares up... energy waves, and auras, and all the crap. I get blown back, hit a dumpster, and black out for the rest."

Documentor: "And when you woke up?"

???: "I came to after the whole thing was over. Miyozama is nursing a massive head-wound. The fucking building is practically leaning. Walls have been torn down. Columns are broken. Fucking Koshoro somehow has this guy wrapped around a post with chains, and there's fucking blood everywhere. He looks like hell, but he don't look half as gruesome as Zieger whose guts are out. Koshoro hands are just... god... red... red like nothing you ever seen. He's leaning down to the guy's ears while he's still got his fingers inside the fucker. He's whispering something...

Documentor: "Do you hear what he said?"

???: "I fucking just told you he's whispering something. All I know is Koshoro's eyes are like fucking flames, and it seems it's real personal for him."

Documentor: "And you don't know why Koshoro might have done that... why it might be personal?"

???: "Zieger, and Koshoro had worked together a few times at Miyozama's request. They had a history. They'd been on jobs together."

Documentor: "Miyozama says Koshoro was more of a fall-back guy. A person in the background."

???: "You expect the head of the Yakuza to tell you who his right hand is? Especially when that hand is outside the prison?"

Documentor: "So why was it personal for Koshoro?"

???: "Just before this whole thing with Zieger went down, Miyozama had hired Zieger to... take care... of some rivals out in Vitae City that were getting a bit to big for their britches. While he was in town, he did a lot of talking about his time in the greenbelt."

Documentor: "The greenbelt? The South? Why would that matter to...

???: "Because he was working for VENOM."

Documentor: "That doesn't answer our question."

???: "Don't you all know who Koshoro's older brother was?"

-------------------

Narration: We tried several times to get Koshoro to appear in this documentary, but he refused. When we brought the testimony of our anonymous source to the EDF and tried to investigate the deaths of any law-enforcement officers in Sector Eight at the time of the supposed events, we were warned to drop our investigation. We did, however, follow up on our source's last tip... a woman that Koshoro had been involved with, named Fuwara.

-------------------

Interior: A small capsule house. A young boy, named Taman is working on school work in the background. The house is well kept, but their are signs of depreciation about its foundation, and the walls. Toys are scattered about the floor. The sun shines down through a skylight over a kitchen table piled with cups, bowls of fruit, and clipped out coupons. A Saiyan woman with long, black hair, wearing an apron, and a black capsule-corp turtleneck is making dinner.

Documentor: "How long have you lived in Sector Eight?"

Fuwara: "Nearly my whole life. I left for about four years to study at the Vitae City University, but once my schooling was over I came home and began working at Signas Hospital here in Sector Eight."

Documentor: "You and Kosho Byakko were classmates, and neighbors growing up."

Fuwara: "Yes. The Byakko family still live in the same house. Just down the landing and two doors down. I remember in the summers Ko and I would ride our bikes out to the Bear Forest and swim in the lake."

Documentor: "Just the two of you?"

Fuwara: "Oh, no, well, not usually. His brothers would come with us, or friends from around Harlem. Most of our parents usually worked nights at the starport "

Documentor: "Do you remember the Byakko's oldest son, Kaylun?"

Fuwara: "Yes."

Documentor: "Can you tell us about him?"

Fuwara: "He and Ko were... really close. They spent a lot of time together. They worked a few jobs together. Kaylun was really protective of all his brothers. He was the kind of guy who just... seemed talented at everything he tried. Even back then, people thought Kaylun was going to grow up to be someone really important. It wasn't a surprise that he joined the EDF. There had been recruiters coming to visit every year or so."

Documentor: "Do you know how Kaylun passed away?"

Fuwara: "I... know it had something to do with VENOM."

Documentor: "A lot of people call Kaylun Byakko a hero."

Fuwara: "I don't know much about heroes... but, we were all very sad here in Harlem when we found out. It felt like a knife in us all."

Documentor: "How did Kosho take the news?"

Fuwara: "He was devastated, and he was very angry. He changed a lot around that time. We... we had been together a while until that happened, but he just sort of... faded away for a few years. I thought it had something to do with... his 'work' but, I'll probably never really know."

Documentor: "After Kosho left, you met your husband, Kugare, and had your son?"

Fuwara: "...Something like that, sure."

-------------------

Exterior: A waterfall crashes down in the distance beneath a cloak of evergreen pines. The tumbling cascades gather in a large, stone basin, before slithering off along snaking creeks down the mountain. At the foot of the rock, a small shrine covered in candles, tokens, and other offerings to the souls in the Afterlife cover the smooth stone. Small, framed photographs lie against the base of the shrine, and a carpet of flowers, and butterfly plants sway peacefully upon the mossy landing.

Narration: Kaylun, had been on a mission to investigate rumors of a meta-human force in the tropics of the Cloud Forest. He had no idea at that time that we was about to stumble upon a planet-wide threat to the Earth Sphere in the form of an ascended army of aliens lead by a terrorst force known only on the edges of known space as VENOM. The EDF report which was delivered to LEGENDE by Kaylun Byakko provided enough warning for the EDF to begin evacuating the southern hemisphere before they were swept up, and raided by VENOM, saving thousands of lives in the process. This report was the last transmission that was received by Kaylun Byakko, and while there hasn't been a body recovered, the EDF are certain that Kaylun died bringing back this news.

Mr. Byakko: "I am thankful that I had the privelege of raising my son, and proud that his sacrifice helped so many others, but my heart will always be torn by his loss, and my family will never be complete again. I love all my children, but Kaylun was my first, and there is always a special bond between a parent, and their first-born. You both teach one another."

Documentor: "Do you blame the EDF for Kaylun's death?"

Mr. Byakko: "Of course not. I blame VENOM! I blame those evil men."

--------------------------

Interior: Slammers Bar.

Documentor: "You say Koshoro was an 'average' student of the training you gave him. Are you aware of the Zieger Bokkoro murder?"

The BOSS: "I've heard of it."

Documentor: "It's fairly street level knowledge that the Yakuza were responsible."

The BOSS: "What of it?"

Documentor: "Zieger Bokkoro was known as a fairly rutheless mercenary. A meta-human. Someone with a lot of weight, and anger behind their punches. Did you ever teach Koshoro how to deal with meta-humans? Did you give him any... techniques, or advice on how to approach them?"

The BOSS: "Of course I did, but it wouldn't matter what specific techniques I might have taught him in a situation like that."

Documentor: "Why not?"

The BOSS: "An ascended fight isn't anything like a 'bout in a boxing arena, or even a place like Slammers. A fight to the death with a meta is always a river unto its own. There are fighting styles that focus on how to defend yourself against opponents like that, but generally speaking, when you're outmatched in that area, it all comes down to personal commitment, and willpower. Even if you're nowhere near as strong as another figher, if you've got the teeth, and the strength to hold on to someone's jugular long enough, you might just win."

Documentor: "Would you say that Koshoro had that kind willpower?"

The BOSS: "Kosho is tough, but I really wouldn't know. If he took down this Bokkoro guy, there'd have to be a lot driving him to go over the gap."

Documentor: "How dangerous was Bokkoro?"

The BOSS: "I mean, I've run into much worse. I've seen The Shadow walk into this bar. I know for a fact that once-upon-a-time Ragnios Duskwind appeared here, and Kalmega (Red Shot), and even Dumastin have been patrons. Slammers has seen the best, of the absolute best. Bokkoro isn't the kind of character that registers as a major threat to the fighters around Slammers, but we knew of him, and he was a seasoned fighter."

Documentor: "Well, it's rumored that Zieger was part of VENOM."

The BOSS: "And?"

Documentor: "The thing about the 'Tiger' murders is that everyone killed by him were VENOM, or ex-VENOM soldiers... You heard about his older brother... Kaylun?"

The BOSS: "Everyone in Sector Eight knows about what happened to Kaylun."

Documentor: "So it's reasonable to assume that Koshoro would have a grudge again--"

The BOSS: "Everyone on Earth who didn't have a hand in VENOM has a grudge against those bastards. You think Kosho is the only one who lost a family member to VENOM? A lot of Saiyans from right here in Harlem joined the EDF to fight them in the south. Lots of families around here lost sons, and fathers because of VENOM. If the Yakuza, or anyone, decided to flay an Ex-VENOM son-of-a-bitch, there wouldn't be tears shed in Harlem."

Documentor: "We're just trying to connect the dots."

The BOSS: "You're trying to take a family's grief, and turn it into a motive for a murder."

Documentor: "We have a testimony from an anonymous source that says Kosho was directly--- Hey! Hey stop that! What're you doing. Put down that camera---"

The BOSS: "If you want to do a documentary, why don't you do one on VENOM. Track those bastards down. Find out where they went. There is no 'Tiger' of Sector Eight. There are just a lot of Saiyans who'd like to be the one to take down Gadax Renn. Now get the fuck out of my bar."

##############################################################################
##############################[End Film Roll]####################################

Rizion

Re: Tiger VENOM (In Documentary)

Post by Rizion » 28 Apr 2021, 19:04

I get the idea here and what you were trying to do. It just took f o r e v e r to get there. =P The story with the random people that didn't have information, it sets the tone but in log form was a lot to go through for little pay off.

I do like the approach and style. You pulled it off well. This did read like a documentary was being filmed from the 4th or 5th person perspective? And the final story being told, I'm not sure it could be told any other way other than a sit down with Vencer (welcome back btw) and a few other of the noteable npcs.

Good work as always.