Playerwipe Ideas/Suggestions

Post your long winded ideas here instead of cluttering up the global boards.
Rendo
Site Admin

Playerwipe Ideas/Suggestions

Post by Rendo » 30 Jun 2012, 14:20

I hate reading walls of text. Please take the time to format your ideas coherently and make them aesthetically appealing. Please think them through before posting them. Ideas with support that I like or that are feasible for me to add (I'm not a coding guru guys be reasonable) I will add below in a list and will try and get to work on them.

Stoupes

Re: Playerwipe Ideas/Suggestions

Post by Stoupes » 30 Jun 2012, 14:42

I think an idea that has been tossed around a lot is "reincarnation" The thought of getting to a specific PL and being able to "reboot" so to speak while gaining potential. I am not sure what exact balances need to be had but I think a good powerlevel for this would be 10t as most people will have to really work at it. Also, I like the idea of being a one time use per character so if you don't get pot4 or whatever you are happy with, you must start over with another character completely.

Rendo
Site Admin

Post by Rendo » 30 Jun 2012, 15:02

Reincarnation already is and has been coded for over a year now. It's just not coded to work with the current potential setup, it requires a pwipe.

Circa

Post by Circa » 30 Jun 2012, 15:17

1) What do you think about giving androids some sort of better mobility instead of relying on ships? The current situation for androids doesnt really allow them to be a first character because of the massive amounts of zeni required for their mobility. Whats that you say? Fly to different planets with one ship? How about this: Lets trade some different perks of the race for mobility. For instance, if some sort of IT-like ability were given to androids, maybe they could become visible on the map, or sensed or detected with some sort of device. I think androids have enough bonuses to be able to afford to give some up to compromise for better mobility.

2) I think it would be fantastic if we could launch postwipe with a few new areas for a variety of pl ranges. That might mean picking up some temporary builders to get the areas done, but I think it would be great for the playerbase to see some new areas.

Will be updated to include more ideas as we go.

Kelsier

Post by Kelsier » 01 Jul 2012, 16:23

I was thinking maybe adding some new races... I over heard there was one ready, but not which one it would be...

Dragons - The race of the Shadow dragons, as was released when teh balls cracked.

Trans = 1 - 7 star
All would have to be collected at certain pl ranges by defeating the corresponding dragon for that ball. This was the way Shenron had to do it in the episodes.

Moves: All the ones that were in the episodes...
Most interesting skill being Voltaic Sap. It has the ability to drain(not absorb) enemies ki. It would be the preferred gaining skill of the dragon(maybe). It would also have a chance to drop an opponent from a transformation, almost like an IK but if the opponent was strong enough they could power back up...

Luke

Post by Luke » 01 Aug 2012, 01:58

Mecha-Icers.

Do it.

Rendo
Site Admin

Post by Rendo » 06 Aug 2012, 20:42

Luke wrote:Mecha-Icers.

Do it.
Heh. Need a way to do it. Ideas need thoughts. :P

PLANETARY CONTROL RESOURCE HARVEST PEW PEW SPACE SHIP BATTLES IN SPACE. Yes, great idea, how do it? :P

Balbaroy

Post by Balbaroy » 07 Aug 2012, 16:16

Mecha-Icers.

SHC Icer that obtains his 10th Death after 1t and is then reincarnated and fused with an android that is at least 500b. Win.

I would like the opportunity to "buy" a "House" (1 room is like 30mil, 2 rooms 100mil, 3 rooms 150mil, prices negotiable) on planets of my choice. Within reason of course; Not on CoE or Battlestar. But perhaps Namek or Hydia or even my personal favorite, Shadow Earth. Obviously prices have to be a little high to avoid abuse. The process would be that we would have to write the room description and all that jazz, and send a note to someone with power to build. After the room description is approved, The approver will send a list of X possible locations for your room, you choose 1, and shazam, built.

Additionally, I would like updated/new gaining areas. Preferrably for 500m-50b as those seem to be the most frustrating levels to gain at.

Just dumb shit, I like the game as is personally.

I would also like to point out the hilarious fact that the competitors for the gold in Table Tennis are China and Japan... And they say stereotypes aren't true... :P

Luke

Post by Luke » 16 Aug 2012, 06:31

MECHA ICERS

------------------------------

Okay, so there are several avenues you could take to impliment Mecha Icers, but basically lets talk about what this "fusion" would give you and then we'll talk about what options there are to meet the requirements for it.

Mecha Icer should give you a nice Regeneration move: Meta-Cooler could rebuild himself from scraps in no time.
Energy Absorb: Meta-Cooler also drained Goku/Vegeta of their power while he had them in the Gete Star.
Natural Armor: They're metal, so naturally, like androids they should have some extra armor.
Android Race EQ: The Fusion should allow them to wear some of the very nice android race eq.
Scouter: They're droids, they should have a build in scouter.
Multi-Form/Split-Form/Tri-Form: Meta-Cooler had an army in his likeness.

Mecha-Icer should change the ways your forms work. Instead of having 2nd-5th, you have a multiplier mod, OR, you have to get and integrate the TL CHIPS. Up to you on that one. If you go with the Multiplier I'd suggest some name like... idk... Synthesize?

--------------------------------

Now, there are a couple ways you could implement Mecha Icers into the game:

-A Quest
-"Fusion" with an Android-h
-"Dying" while holding a specific item (Like the Sentient Chip that used to spawn in North 42)