*New Horizons: Out Of The Vault

Dumastin

*New Horizons: Out Of The Vault

Post by Dumastin » 04 Aug 2017, 13:53

The nameless Namek had found himself traveling a long road from the mysterious bunker where he’d awakened. The first thing he’d done was to take stock of the supplies in the survival bag he’d found. It wasn’t a large bag, but it was well stocked for its size; there was a long, sheathed survival knife, a few other tools and firestarters. Clothing, which he’d immediately donned and found to fit well; he couldn’t identify the fabric of the shirt, vest, and pants, but it seemed to be some kind of synthetic, and he’d quickly found that it was quite resistant to both moisture and dirt. The boots, as well, were made of something that emulated the feel of leather but which he couldn’t identify. There was money, which he was surprised to recognize so immediately, as well as a small handheld navigational device. Finally, a water bottle, which he’d investigated and found to contain a complex set of filters.

He’d mused over the contents of the bag, and what his own pockets of knowledge told him, both about the contents and about himself. The money was from Earth, a place he found he knew of even if he’d never visited. Toying about with the nav-device also indicated that he was somewhere deep in a forest on Earth.

Everything else about the bag told him it was packed very specifically for him, suggesting there had been nobody else living in that bunker. All of the clothing fit him correctly as if made that way, the knife was of a proper size and fit comfortably in his hand. The lack of any rations, but the inclusion of the filter bottle, also suggested it was packed for a Namekian such as he; he didn’t exactly have a depth of medical knowledge to call on, try as he might, but he did know that his race could survive on clean water for long periods, within certain limits. If he could find shelter and a reliable water source, he could live out here in the wilds for quite some time.

-----

And so he did. Eventually he came across a river, clean enough to drink from with the use of the filter system. He followed the river for a few days, moving slowly. He worked out, after some time, how to use a makeshift spear to catch fish, and supplemented the water diet with fish when he was able; long periods of only water, particularly under physical stress, were still not good for Namekians. He found a beehive and was chased away by the hive’s defenders, came across a bear and cautiously avoided it. It was several days before he found himself feeling a new call, and he began following the river once more, toward where it linked up with a road. There he filled the bottle one last time and started to walk along the road instead, heading toward the nearby city, curious to see what he would find there.

Ceal

Re: New Horizons: Out Of The Vault

Post by Ceal » 04 Aug 2017, 23:09

This feels like a video game set-up for a zombie apocalypse... or to conveniently place yourself anywhere on Earth to RP with whomever you please.

My guess is for the apocalypse, but y'know, I've never been much of a context reader.

Dumastin

Post by Dumastin » 04 Aug 2017, 23:20

I actually have like one stop to make, one plot checkmark I need to hit, before I drop in on people.

That's only one, though. So... if you find yourself missing namek hugs, they's a comin'

Luke

Post by Luke » 08 Aug 2017, 09:08

Very short and leaves the reader with a lot more questions than answers, which is perfectly fine. I'm sure this is just a quick introduction to the Heir, letting everyone know he's out there.

I'm excited to see how you will take this new character. What similarities might there be to Dumastin and what differences?

RPP rewarded