*Hey Look! Hiram's RPing Again

Kairus

*Hey Look! Hiram's RPing Again

Post by Kairus » 16 Jul 2017, 01:20

[CHAT] Hiram sped along on a hovercycle. Months of investigations on New Haven had led him to nothing. Giving up for once, Hiram had Gurney prepare him a basic ship and a high-speed, land-and low-atmosphere transport. Hiram gunned the engines, sending Ride Liner 2 into its next gear, the cycle lurching forward and blasting towards Bear Forest. He'd missed his old uniform; Gurney'd modified the Mister Silver outfit with TWO sleeves now.

[CHAT] Crescendo was still in Bear Forest itself--it had a lot to think about. It knew -what- it wanted to do. Hunt. But the -why- of it. The -purpose-. That still escaped it. It wasn't even sure how to go about finding out. Finding its own path--not one dictated by the dragon, or anyone else. Maybe it should go back to the city--it didn't really like the forest anyway. There wasn't really anyone to hunt--or no one it really wanted to hunt, at least. It was headed back towards the city when something caused it to stop--hiding in the underbrush. Someone was coming--they weren't quiet. On another motorcycle--it wasn't the same one as last time, much less powerful. That... was interesting.

[CHAT] Hiram banked and rolled as he approached the forest edge, parking the bike and taking out the ignition plug, pocketing it in one of the silver suit's many vest pockets. Without that, the bike couldn't start. The helmet, a dome of polished chrome from the outside, hid his Kanassian features entirely. He stepped off, and formed a small disc at his feet, ringed by glowing purple. Jumping onto it, he sprung off into the forest!

[CHAT] Crescendo -- Who was this guy, what was he after, what was that disk? Questions. It was curious. It wanted answers. He was quick, really quick, but it could still keep up--hiding its own strength to avoid detection it quickly bolted after the figure, trying to stalk the new arrival for the moment. He wasn't human--that much it could discern from the scent. But neither was he the same race as the one from before. This one smelled vaguely of... fish? Why fish? Another question for the pile. Maybe it should confront him--ask directly, but not like this, either. It wasn't going to reveal itself to the whole world, after all.

[CHAT] Hiram was catapulted through the air by his kinetic rings, the original one vanishing as he descended, creating another one which he sprang off of. He'd spent a bit of time on New Haven learning this trick and getting used to the force of his Rings. Steering? New ring. Accelerate? New ring. Decelerate? New ring. Braking. Braking was a work in progress. His helmet's scanner picked up motion. "Hmmmm..." Hiram stopped on a tree branch and looked around. This place felt...familiar.

[CHAT] Crescendo -- As the figure finally stopped, it had a chance to stop as well, panting slightly as it hid in the underbrush of the forest once more . Whatever it was that he was on was fast. Still, it gave it time to think and do something. It had to pick a mask for this meeting. But which one? The forest environs wasn't exactly one the masks were used to in their lifetimes--it didn't really know who would fit in. Well, only one way to find out. After a few long moments there was some thrashing against the underbrush--rather loudly as a figure pulled themselves free with an audible, female, "Gah! Briars! Hate this place..." a low grumble. On the smaller size--around 5'8" or so, red hair, tied back, green eyes, red jacket, possibly leather, black shirt, blue jeans, black walking shoes.

[CHAT] Hiram was being tracked and he knew it. He knew -that- feeling. Hasted that feeling too. Last time he was tracked and a motorcycle got involved, he lost an arm. He flexed his left arm, grimacing under his helmet. He began to look about him, looking for anything out of plaze. [Big scar in the dirt...out of place, but NOT what I'm looking for.]

[CHAT] Crescendo did in fact hate briars--especially while wearing a mask. At least, that's what it found out just now. The woman looks rather disturbed, annoyed--she didn't want to be there. She looks up at the guy, and actually called out to him, "Hey, you! Guy on the... floaty thing! What is that?" she calls out, "And, uh... where exactly are we?" she asks, looking around slightly, "I'm a little... lost," she admits, sounding a bit sheepish.

[CHAT] Hiram: -- 'looked down, dismissing the launching disk and forming six warp crystals which orbited his right hand, which he pointed and immediately formed another disk in front of, aiming the ring at her. "...Sorry, reaction." He lowered his hand, but didn't dismiss the "gun" he'd made. "Bear Forest...and that was one of my Rings." His voice had a slight electronic hum to it through the helmet.'

[CHAT] Crescendo -- The woman blinks, taking a half-step back, "What are you doing?" she says, furrowing her brows slightly, looking more annoyed. "I mean... yeah, I know we're in Bear Forest, I mean... how do I get out of here?" she says, putting a hand to the back of her neck, awkwardly, "I was staying with a..." she pauses momentarily in hesitation, "Friend," she continues, "Out here--she had a house. Someone um... attacked. It burned down. I got away--I've been trying to find my way out for hours when I saw you and... that ring thing fly by," she says. "Call me Cres, by the way."

aren't bad to get out of if you stay observant."

[CHAT] Hiram nodded. "Mister Silver for now." He looked around. "I'd give you a ride, but my ship's in a parking garage right now...she's no Remora, that's for sure." He leapt down, eyeing her. Stance, body language, his cyan eyes once again in that old Observer mode he hadn't been in for centuries. Not since Insignia, anyway. Finally, he dismissed the crystals with a flash of ki and dismissed his Gravity Loop. "Yes...I had a friend out here too. Here, there and everywhere, it seems." He put his hands on his hips. "Forests aren't bad to get out of if you stay observant."

[CHAT] Crescendo frowns slightly, obvious pseudonym, but at least things weren't as bad as they could be, "Well, uh... Mr. Silver, can you help me get out of here? I need to get back to town..." she says, brushing off some twigs and leaves off of her jacket, before looking back up at the guy and offering him a smile, "Please?" she adds, "And... what brings you all the way out here?" she asks, looking a little awkward and out of her element--obviously someone who didn't normally go into forests much. "I am never visiting friends out in the woods again..." she eventually adds, shaking her head slowly.

[CHAT] Hiram: -- 'arced a browridge but nodded slowly. "Right. Come on, then. The Ride Liner II isn't too far away." He turned abruptly and began walking down the forest path, shining against the greenery like a man made of mercury.'

[CHAT] Gilder: -- 'Despite the wishes of Agatta, after resting for two full days Gilder was up and moving about. Across the entirety of his body were firmly wrapped bandages with traces of Agatta's ki woven in to them to assist with Gilder's recovery - his bones still had fractures in multiple places. [She said as long as I don't engage in any more battles like I did with that Icerian, I should make a full recovery within the next week... but I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that I did this to myself or the fact that I lost.] From the accounts that Gilder had received from Agatta, she told Gilder that at the last moment, he lost conciousness and lost the battle. Intentionally, she left out the fact that Crescendo and Shakendo were the reason for his post-fight injuries, he just assumed that Vencer had continued to beat him up after the matter. [I will get revenge against that Icerian... after seeing his fighting style, I can see how inexperienced I still am. I need to get better, stronger... and I need to stop injuring myself with my own abilities...] While in the treetops, Gilder stopped on a branch of a high standing tree and oversaw the battlefield he enjoyed the day prior. The crater, as well as the nearly mile long stretch of land that was torn apart at the ground, were the most defining characteristics. This part of the forest now felt hollow - not even the animals were venturing near. [I will get stronger...] he thought to himself one last time before his pure white aura began to flow across his body as he felt about towards the limits he could reach with his body's current state.'

[CHAT] Crescendo walked after the guy, "Good! Uh," she says, before checking her enthusiasm, "I mean... thanks. I hate it out here," she glances around, looking annoyed. "City's much better," she nods, glancing at the hyper-reflective helmet. "Really, though. Thanks, I don't know how much longer I'd have been stuck out here..." she furrows a brow, before stopping mid step and glancing off in a direction. That... was powerful. And not good. "I... uh..." she says, stammering a moment now, "W.. we... we should go," she notes. It was actually scared of the man. It had lost its chance to kill him, and probably wouldn't get another one. And now... he was probably going to kill it.

[CHAT] Hiram: -- 'nodded. "Came out here for a hike, anyway. This planet's nice...the local wildlife is at least straightforward on how it kills you." Kanassa, for all its mysticism, was a jungle hell. That much warp crystal did -things- to the wildlife. His helmet bleeped. "Ahhhhhhh, shit."'

[CHAT] Gilder had continued to flare his power throughout the forest, and with every small surge of his energy a gust of wind would echo outwards with himself at the center. Knowing that he had the chip still in his head that made the attempt to limit his own power, he pushed past that tier of energy, as if to goad the limiter, only for nothing to happen. There was no screaming in his ear or a surge of pain through his body, which meant that he must have shorted it out during his last battle where the thing turned him into a hollow, walking disaster. Smirking as he realized there was no longer a blockade of his power, he stopped, lowering his arms to his side and exhaling deeply as he calmed his boiling blood. [Can't push too far, might tear open some of these wounds unintentionally...] Gilder once again thought to himself as he jumped off the tree, landing on the forest floor before making his way towards the crater in order to mentally relive the battle one more time. Abruptly, the forest floor turned in to dirt as he hopped into the mile stretch of land that led towards the crater itself.

[CHAT] Crescendo doesn't look back at 'Mr. Silver', just keeps her eyes looking squarely in that one direction. "I... uh... that's... bad," she comments. Probably should have left for the city earlier. It had wanted to try to find something for itself beforehand, but nothing had come of it. And now it was stuck in the forest with someone ungodly stronger than it and probably wanted it dead. "Go... we should, uh... go," she repeats--there's more than a hint of fear there.

[CHAT] Hiram swore. "Are you a meta?" Hiram was already suppressing. [Stupid, stupid cycle...I'm adding a remote summon to you AND the Lamprey.] He was picking up his pace, beginning to duck around plants and rocks. "If you can, suppress and look for cover."'

[CHAT] Gilder finally ventured to the edge of the crater and merely stood there, taking a deep breath while closing his eyes and tilting his head towards the sky, continuing to breath the air in deeply. The forest air was crisp and fresh, it felt great even though most of his body couldn't feel it due to the bandaging. The only part of his body that wasn't hidden in white wraps was his face and his right arm - even his hair wasn't left exposed. The human didn't even have any clothing on aside from the bandages, giving a very crude outline of his body, though he didn't exactly plan on meeting up with anybody out here in the wilderness so it mattered not to him. Then it flipped - an imaginary switch inside his head - anybody that knew Gilder, if they were around him, would have noticed that he was acting far too calm at that point in time.

[CHAT] Gilder: -- 'With a singular set of motions, Gilder opened his eyes and his voice bellowed like a giant as he screamed into the air, his white aura blazing into the sky like a beacon as he unleashed an unreasonable show of his own strength. "GGGRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! COME AND GET ME YOU FUCKING COWARD OF AN ICERIAN!! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE BEFORE WE ESTABLISH A VICTOR! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Following his outburst, Gilder reached at his side as if he were grabbing from an imaginary sheath and drew a sword from his hip as if he were ripping out a bone and immediately swung it blindly to his right, unleashing a ridiculously sized wave of energy that tore through the trees like a solid scythe of wind for some distance.'

[CHAT] Crescendo goes wide eyed at that show of power--the ground shaking subtly as explosions ring off in the distance. Even before this show of power it was wary, scared of the man, but now it was kind of terrified, that much power, it wasn't even a match. energy was already hidden, it'd taken great pains to do so, nevertheless the woman quietly nodded to the other, "Yeah..." she noted, before ducking behind some trees and into more underbrush. "Briars! Again!? Really!?" That was... not pleasant.

[CHAT] Hiram winced. The helmet errorer out on its scanner range. "Oh good...over 4 Raditz...gotta have Gurney recalibrate this thing..." Hiram shook his head, clearing the alert from his visor. "OK. We get to the cycle and you hang on tight." The forest began to thin around him as he ran.'

[CHAT] Gilder stood there, panting, a few of the bandages around his arms and chest had torn open and were now hanging off of him while still caught up in the rest of the wraps so that they did not fall to the ground. To his right, or rather in front of him now as he was looking in that direction, he had cleared a path of trees to where there not stood finely chopped stumps. The falling of the trees had caused many birds to scatter, seeking refuge as their homes had fallen. The rage in Gilder's eyes was strong, but now that he had acted on it, the heightened emotions began to settle within him as he realized exactly how far he had gone. Still, he growled lightly as he again dropped his power signature, straightening his back and stepping towards the path of trees, squinting his eyes. There was something moving in that direction... they were people - he couldn't make out specifics, but there were humanoids at least. [Great, now I look like a psychopath...]

[CHAT] Crescendo -- This guy... he kept saying a lot of things that it had no idea about. "Right. What's a... Raditz? Or... meta..." the woman asks, running after this Mr. Silver. It didn't know much about him or what he was even talking about, but that just made it all the more curious. Though right now there were kind of more pressing issues from the crazy strong insane guy nearby. Maybe it'd ask more later when they weren't about to be attacked or killed or whatever.

[CHAT] Hiram looked over at Cres. "Meta. Humanoids with powers. Raditz was an early unit of measuring the intensity of a Meta's power used by the EDF a could hundred years ago." As they ran, the hoverbike came into view. Hiram dug into his pocket and grabbed the key, leaping onto the vehicle and slamming the key into place, the control panel flaring to life. He hit a dial and pressed down, the cycle shifting its configuration. The body elongated, a second seat popping into view. "GET ON!" he barked as a pair of rockets emerging from the back of the craft.

[CHAT] Gilder gripped firmly on to the hilt of the blade with his right hand and tapped his shoulder with the left, causing him to float in to the air. Like a jet, he soared forward towards where the two were, and as he got a better view of them both, it seemed like they were... running. For a vehicle. [Ah shit, I guess I'm scaring away the cute couple just trying to enjoy the scenery.] Getting closer, he shouted out in an attempt to dispell their panic, "Hey guys! I'm so sorry about that, I just got a little angry! There's no need to go anywhere, it's not gonna happen again!"

[CHAT] Crescendo wasn't entirely sure -how- to ride something like that, so she just leapt onto the bike after the man and grabbed on. They didn't have much time, the guy could notice them at any... shit. He suddenly appeared, and she went wide eyed and pretty much tried to duck behind the guy for a moment saying, quietly urging him to pretty much run, "Gogogogo, that's the guy," This was... bad. It was out and out terrified of the guy--if he was able to get a good look, she'd be pale as a sheet at the moment.

[CHAT] Hiram glooked up as the man just about appeared near them. "Hello there..." [Shit...not even the old Ride Liner could outrun that speed.] Hiram grinned nervously under his helmet. "The guy? The one who attacked you?" Hiram sighed. [Let's see how this plays out.] Images of an enormous ice dragon appeared in his memories. He's talked down bigger. He looked up again. "Can we help you?"

[CHAT] Gilder landed himself with caution as he surveyed the area, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at the two of them who were trying to leave. "If you're leaving the area on accord of what just happened, don't uh... don't worry too much about it. Just working through some feelings and I figured there was no better place to do it than the middle of nowhere, right!? Hehehe..." Though the two had their powerlevels suppressed, it didn't mean too much to Gilder since he had never honed his senses enough to be of any real use unless somebody exuded a power signature. Finally, he registered the man on the bike asking if Gilder could be of any help. "Uhm... no, I just don't wanna present myself as a menace or anything. Be careful out here though, there've been some really shady characters of late." With Gilder's show of power and the fact that he resembled a firmly wrapped mummy, he wasn't exactly looking like a role model citizen.

[CHAT] Crescendo just kept... basically hiding behind the new guy, whispering something along the lines of 'Gogogogogogo,' almost panicking a little at Gilder's sudden appearance. It knew he 'looked' stupid, but it also knew that he could put it on as an act, too, so it knew better than to get involved unless it had to--mostly just leaving the talking to this 'Mr. Silver.'

[CHAT] Hiram gsighed. "I will admit, this is MUCH better than the last time I ran into someone while on a 'cycle. Speakin' of shady folks...this lady here says you attacked her...is that true?" Hiram put one boot on the dirt as the cycle lifted on its repulsors.

[CHAT] Gilder hadn't really taken note up until that point of the woman who was hiding - he just assumed she was shy or, more likely, scared. After gathering the minute details about the woman he would need to reach his conclusion, he simply stated, "Nope, never seen her before... why, is she saying I attacked her? Only people I've gotten in to a fight with out here are two Namekians, an Icer, some oddly colored woman, and some shape-shifting dog creature thing that led their asinine cult, it seemed." Once again, Gilder failed to piece together the context clues in the matter to figure out that this woman was Crescendo. "Well, guess I'll leave you two love-birds alone. Sorry to bug you, have a pleasant day." It was probably weird for Crescendo to see Gilder so nice and polite, but he had no reason to act rudely towards the two, plus he already blew off a good chunk of steam earlier, so he was still floating on that high.

[CHAT] Crescendo -- The woman closed her eyes for a moment as the guy in front of her asked Gilder about it. Welp. He knew. Had to. Even if he didn't admit it. If there was one thing it knew about the man, he knew how to 'play' stupid. But he didn't attack or do anything. Yet. That man. Gilder. He was so unpredictable. But she still just... tried to keep hidden from her. After the last few times it saw him... well it had no desire to see him again. Not yet, anyway. Not while it still so... weak and powerless. So it just waits for him to go.

[CHAT] Hiram gnodded. "I can understand that need...you should probably take care of those bandages." He kicked a pedal on the hovercycle and the vehicle lifted into the air, circling once and giving Hiram a clear view of the smoky crater before he accelerated off into the evening.

[CHAT] Gilder shrugged his shoulders as the two took off into the sky. It wasn't exactly a fruitful encounter... [I do believe I left a good impression there at the end at least! Whew, somebody that wasn't cruising for a bruising out in this world. Guess there's a first time for everything!] Wearing a smile on his face, Gilder acted like a school boy by hopping on to the nearest tree stump that he had mauled down and then continued jumping from stump to stump as he made his way back to the crater to continue where he left off - except maybe a little less destructive this time.

[CHAT] Gilder shrugged his shoulders as the two took off into the sky. It wasn't exactly a fruitful encounter... [I do believe I left a good impression there at the end at least! Whew, somebody that wasn't cruising for a bruising out in this world. Guess there's a first time for everything!] Wearing a smile on his face, Gilder acted like a school boy by hopping on to the nearest tree stump that he had mauled down and then continued jumping from stump to stump as he made his way back to the crater to continue where he left off - except maybe a little less destructive this time.

[CHAT] Hiram looked back as the cycle sped towards the nearest city. "You seem extremely nervous still...there's a piece I'm missing here. What is it?" The cycle rose up, their heads brushing the underside of some low-hanging clouds.

[CHAT] Crescendo was calming down by then, "I'm fine now, as long as he's not here I'll be fine," she says with a nod, then gives a small frown as he asks for more information, "You haven't exactly told me much either, 'Mister Silver,'" she speaks, looking over the landscape as they fly by. It would be good to be back in a city. It was in that forest for too long. Some place familiar might help get its head together, help it figure things out.

[CHAT] Hiram sped up. "I like to keep a low profile sometimes." From here, a few sets of city lights could be seen. Hiram punched in some buttons and banking low, Hiram set a descent for the energy dome of Vitae City ahead. "We'll land there. Once there, I'm going information-gathering. You can do what you want."

[CHAT] Crescendo -- The woman closes her eyes for just a moment, "Alright... thanks again," she says, "That, uh, that really was a lot of help," she nods a moment. "I need to get back home and hunt down some food. It's been awhile since I've had something good to eat... I was out in the woods for days," she noted, shaking her head slowly, that might just be the trick, too, getting back into the swing of things by hunting again might give it some inspiration. It just had to be more discrete this time.

[CHAT] Hiram gtapped a sequence out on the vehicle's dashboard and it sent its ID code to the dome, a shielded gate opening to admit the cycle. Hiram set the cycle down in front of a small, wide starship that more resembled a large letter A than anything, if seen from above. "Interesting way of putting 'I'm going to the restaurant', but OK. This is where you get off, because this is where Im staying." He jumped off the cycle.

[CHAT] Crescendo -- The woman nods, climbing off the cycle herself. "Well, I've had to -actually- hunt down food the past few days, this is the first time I don't, heh," she notes as a joke, before nodding, "Thanks again, 'Mr. Silver,' I'll see you around," she notes, before looking to brush off any remaining traces of the forest on her jacket, shirt, or jeans, and then walk off. Hopefully this would help clear its head and help it come to a decision.

ikenbon

Re: Hey Look! Hiram's RPing Again

Post by ikenbon » 17 Jul 2017, 09:43

Hiram and Crescendo are holding their cards way too close to their chests in this one and that prevented you guys from being able to have anything resembling a conversation. Crescendo has a "reason" I suppose but he could have lied to make Hiram open up a little or vice versa. Cres should have plenty of memories to pull on to make that kind of lie believable.

Gilder: I'm afraid you've become such an antagonist to this particular group and outstrip them so much in tier that you're going to need to search out new RP partners. Unfortunately I think most everyone else on channel is currently fighting the apocalypse. I still think you're due for a check-in with the EDF of some kind given that the hunt for Crescendo hasn't gone quite as expected. Maybe you'll be reassigned or they'll give you incentive to double-down your efforts. There's also the 'death' of D'Gadette(spelling?) but I'm not sure how Kuro was hoping to use that.

Hiram: Good to see you again. You're going to need to step up your game with these posts. There's a lot of references here to the prior Ages of the RP-universe, which is fine, but I don't know if anyone outside the immediate circle of players you RP'ed with back then are going to catch them. The posts lack descriptive content and that's really watering down the story you're telling. Here are some examples:

[CHAT] Hiram sped up. "I like to keep a low profile sometimes." From here, a few sets of city lights could be seen. Hiram punched in some buttons and banking low, Hiram set a descent for the energy dome of Vitae City ahead. "We'll land there. Once there, I'm going information-gathering. You can do what you want."

[CHAT] Hiram tapped a sequence out on the vehicle's dashboard and it sent its ID code to the dome, a shielded gate opening to admit the cycle. Hiram set the cycle down in front of a small, wide starship that more resembled a large letter A than anything, if seen from above. "Interesting way of putting 'I'm going to the restaurant', but OK. This is where you get off, because this is where Im staying." He jumped off the cycle.

In the above posts you and Crescendo arrive in Vitae City without either one of you describing it at all. We have some very short descriptions of a dome (OOC we know what the dome is but on the page this could easily be Crescendo's or Hiram's first time to Vitae) but that's about it. It comes across as being dull and flavorless and that's not what you want your RP partner or your reader to feel.

RPP rewarded

Dumastin

Re: *Hey Look! Hiram's RPing Again

Post by Dumastin » 17 Jul 2017, 10:41

Unfortunately I think most everyone else on channel is currently fighting the apocalypse. I still think you're due for a check-in with the EDF of some kind given that the hunt for Crescendo hasn't gone quite as expected. Maybe you'll be reassigned or they'll give you incentive to double-down your efforts.
We're trying to finish up! Once this is done there should be plenty of opportunity to shake up the status quo here.

Besides, Gilder misses me too bad, and it's been far, far too long.