*Sanctum: Testing

BenRGamer

*Sanctum: Testing

Post by BenRGamer » 02 Jun 2017, 23:50

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"I'm not that strong," Rizion said, slowly floating in the air. The aura surrounding his body burned like a hot flame, humming with power that radiated off his skin. It was refreshing to him. Like feeling rain wash away the dirt from your skin. "If I were really 'strong' as you say, I'd have been able to take Dumastin out when he was running around with that silly Thorned moniker. Sadly he beat me...twice," Both losses still fresh in his mind.'

[CHAT] Samuel shakes its head, "Wasn't a guy you could fight one-on-one. The first time I tried to fight him... he made me explode. Like... -actually explode-," it says with a frown, looking down at the thought of the memory. It was also a time where he was rushing to try to save Req. "And it wasn't a... nickname," it furrows its brow, "He was... literally demon-possessed. He's still got the demon hanging around with him..." it says with a grunt and a shake of its head, it knew why the two got along of course, but it was still baffling. In fact--that demon had been visible in the fight with Dumastin earlier, trying to get in a cheap shot.

[CHAT] Jules had finished with the botanical experimentation for now... He let out a yawn, it was fortunate Elphlane would be able to buy the group a few days extra to prepare. Given Dumastin's style, prep-time was rather essential. Of course, Jules only wanted to drink heavily and potentially sleep. Being back here... That thing was still attached to the Captain, who was of course still a dead-man walking... A long yawn, "I'm surprised they haven't gotten into a fight... Good for them." He moved towards his quarters, continuing to speak as he removed his jacket. "Wake me up if one of them needs medical aid or you know, anything else unexpectedly annoying." With that he was barefoot and laying in a bed that was a slight bit to small for his now much larger frame.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"Is that what he told you or is that what you believe?" Rizion was still examining his own body, flexing his muscles and making a fist once or twice to get a better 'feel' for what it felt like to have his Talent back. The gravity of the planet seemed non existant, his thoughts were more clear and even his vision felt better. All of the synapses were finally firing and he was awakened to himself. "I think the Thorned is just a name he gave it. But really its been inside of him all along. It is him. The part of him he keeps buried." Rizion looked at Sam and threw a punch towards his face. There was no intent for it to land, he even stopped it a few feet away from the creature, but the force of the blow did cause quite the blowback around them. "I'm sure with a strong enough push, he'd bring it back out again. Which makes him a threat"'

[CHAT] Samuel shakes its head, "Oh, no, it's already out. Literally. It's a seperate thing, I've talked to it. It's... definitely a demon thing," it furrowed its brow. "Thorned isn't the name he gave the demon anyway... calls it... Iapetus, I think? I don't really know why he kept it around, but he did," it says, before giving a bit of a yawn. The last training session was starting to catch up to it--for as long as it went, it was tired. Still, it was alert, immediately prepping to guard as the attack comes in, but doesn't land. "I don't know if he could or not, or if he'd even want to. I actually saw some things that... I don't think he'd want to,"

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"Hmm," he offered with a thought. He looked at Sam and mentally chewed on its words. He didn't actually want them to be true. It was easier hating Dumastin knowing that that thing was apart of him, but if it was posession. No. He shook his head to give up the thought of it. Dumastin was still on his radar though something that would have to wait. "Sam," he said to it, floating a little higher in the air and turning his back to face the setting sun. "Catch" his body whipped around, left leg coiling out like a whip aimed to land his heel on the creature's head.'

[CHAT] Samuel was on guard--especially after the last test attack, so the Konatsu's leg slammed into its braced guard without too much difficulty, "I thought you didn't want me to throw myself into training like this?" it says, questioning, and with a furrowed brow. Not that it minded--fighting was still a pastime, and the only other choice was... rather unpleasant. Still, if the Konatsu was picking a fight, there were more than enough opponents to fight, each of the clones still in the area get into a fighting stance--one landing behind the Konatsu, one to the left, and the final one, climbing back to its feet after the earlier attacks, cover the Konatsu's left side. "If you wanna go, though, we'll give you a fight," it says, keeping its eyes squarely on the man.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- 'Though Sam blocked the initial strike, Rizion kept his pose, pushing down with his leg to break through the guard. "Training is fine. I'm not coming at you with the intent of guaging out your eye besides," Their bodies broke from the test of might that came to a stalemate and Rizion reflected off his arms, back flipping up and over the clones, putting all now four of them in front of him. "I was out here to get myself back in shape before you so rudely interrupted. So if you need to fight me four against one just to keep it fair then that's fine." This was going to be his first test of combat since the coma. He wanted to see just how rusty he had become.'

[CHAT] Samuel chuckles, waving a hand as the clones stand back, "Fine," it says. Time to see how far it could go in its current state! Suddenly it yells out a moment as a crimson aura envelopes it, the ground shaking lightly as it does so. No purposefully holding back here--the clones were weaker than it so it had to hold back against them for a hard fight. It suddenly pushes off against the ground, charging towards the Konatsu, holding one arm in front of itself, it changes and shifts even as the charge begins--the armor and even flesh on its forearm turning into something of a shield in front of it to act as a, well, shield and battering ram for the charge.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"Fine" he uttered in a soft tone, barely audible to those around him. A dangerous fire sparked behind his eyes and they showed signs of life rarely seen in him. He wanted to see how strong the Sam was. At a distance, the unseen force of their powers clashed crushing the frozen tera beneath their feet and sending thuding quakes throught the continent. Distant mountains shed layers of shale and snow in the resonating boom that thundered from their impending clash and Rizion stayed planted, waiting. His stance was open, left arm and leg forward, right foot behind him and his right hand, an open palm, held low. Energy covered his arm, collecting in his hand, like a blade extending from his shoulder. Sam came closer, forming a shield in front of it and Rizion's hand began to vibrate, the blade of energy pulsating over him. "Let's see how you can handle this. Tenketsuo!" '

[CHAT] Rizion: -- 'The energy he gathered may have had the look of a blade, but it was in reality a shield of his own. As he and Sam were about to clash, his body spun like a top, the energy he gathered swirling in a storm around him creating a wall of sonic sound for Sam to slam himself into.'

[CHAT] Samuel -- The unstoppable force hit the immovable object and after an explosion of dust, dirt and debris at the collision--it was ultimately pushed back a few feet, leaving a trail in the icy ground. "What was that?" it says, with a short blink. It'd honestly not fought many, if any, Konatsus before and thus their natural fighting styles were more foreign than most. Still, if it couldn't slam it's shield into Rizion... it rears its left arm back, the arm shifting in uncertain was as it does so, and takes a step forward, lunging a moment, though quite short from the Konatsu--the arm instead stretching in length in order to surprise and attempt to grab him and yank him into a proper shield bash. "You know, I don't think I've ever fought anyone like you before..." it intones.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"That" Rizion watched the hand reach up to grab him and actually jumped into it's grasps. Rather than fight against it, he just allowed Sam to close the distance for him, more riding the clutch at the back of his shirt. His form opened and he met the shield again, this time with both hands, blasting out the sonic vibrations in a wave. "Was this. Tenkets Houken!" Rather than a shield this time, it was a cacophonous cannon designed to resonate through solid structures and crumble them from the inside out, though with the amount of power he was using, it was meant to just stun the creature and not shatter it's bones inside its body.'

[CHAT] Samuel was not expecting -that- to happen--still getting used to the technique, further as it has sensitive hearing it was, at that particular moment, specifically vulnerable to that kind of noise based assault--the attack causing it to lose its grip on the Konatsu and stagger back a step or two, shouting out, "Gah!" for a moment as its arms shift back to normal and it clutches at its head, specifically covering its ears... which may or may not be bleeding from that attack. It was most certainly stunned, but also rapidly fixing itself so the assault would be less... effective next time. Less sensitive hearing when fighting this guy, then. Still, that was an interesting technique.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- 'The moment Rizion was released his entire body began to glow in a bright white-cyan light as he started to phase into super sonic speeds. The force from his movements cutting deep swaths into the ice, zigs and zags criss crossing over one another as he came in on the stunned opponent. No untrained eye would be able to see his body other than the faint blur of red from his pants carving up the area as he rushed the Sam with a barrage of attacks. Each time he broke from his speed to launch a hit, he would return to it just as quickly to come from another angle. Lunging punches, diving knees, chops to the neck. He was coming at Sam from all directions to take full advantage of his stunned movement.'

[CHAT] Samuel -- As it was stunned, it took the attacks at full effect--its armor cracking and pieces breaking off under the assault, revealing bloody musculature underneath. Still, it would only take so much before retaliating. Eventually it gets its wits about it again and, even specifically taking hits to take advantage of an opening, it lunges towards the Konatsu during one of its strikes, aiming to to close range charge into and and attempt to grab the Konatsu--specifically by the head as its own hands surge with power... and then sound. Mimicing the Konatsu's own move against him to stun -him- as it moves in to knee him in the gut. "Let's see how -you- like it!" Still, it wasn't at 100%, that much was clear, it was fighting without sleep and without food. How much longer it could keep going, it wasn't sure.

[CHAT] Rizion exploded out of the speed plane satisfied with the damage he had inflicted though that armor was a lot tougher to pierce than he expected. He was moving fine, better actually, than he did against the Thorned. Perhaps it was not having to carry the weight of his failure to save Konats that allowed him to actually enjoy this battle. When Sam closed the gap and grabbed his head, he was shocked at the raw physical strength of the creature to keep him held, but the real danger was the way he poorly manipulated the vibrations in the air. That power, to the skull, it could liquify a brain or shatter the skull and let the shards pierce it, either way, Sam was inadvertantly trying to kill him. Both arms came up to push Sam's arms away just as the blast blew his head back with a forceful clap of sound. Rizion, stunned, stumbled back with hands on his head to get the ringing in his ears to stop.

[CHAT] Samuel moved to follow up... right as one of its legs gave out, causing it to fall to a knee, panting heavily and with another gurgling sound through the area from its stomach. "Wow... I'm tired..." it grunts, shaking its head and pushing itself back up. It wasn't able to take advantage of the stun as it was trying to get back into the game, as it were, "You okay?" it asks, shaking its head before putting a hand to it. It really misjudged how much of a toll lack of sleep and eating would take on it. Still, as long as it could stand, it'd still go if the other guy could--Sam has a 'never give up' attitude for a reason. It wanted to win.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- 'The world was a mosaic of waves highlighted by the high-pitched wine in his ears that slowly faded. Rizion heard the garbled mess of words Sam tried to say, blinking his own eyes and shaking his head until everything came back into focus. "No, that's enough." With a hand he stopped Sam's progression towards him to bring this fight to its end. A long time had passed since he was hit with the technique that he and Vencer came up with back in the forest of Konats but he did not like being on the bad end of it again. "Get back to the others and rest up. We should be ready for anything soon,"'

[CHAT] Samuel nods, "Alright..." it says, standing down from its fighting stance, before patting its stomache, "I'm pretty hungry anyway," it notes, "Thanks for the spar, you're pretty good. That... hurt," it notes, rubbing its neck with its left hand for a moment. It's upper chest and neck were still bloody and cracked, even if it had started healing already anyway. "Glad we have you on our side for this thing..." it notes, heading back towards the Sanctum, one hand rubbing its head for a bit. It really needed to get back, eat something, then go to bed... then work this whole thing out in its head. Fighting personal demons... that was not going to be pleasant.

Luke

Re: Sanctum: Testing

Post by Luke » 02 Aug 2017, 11:47

Short little fight with a odd introduction. I'm sure this log was cut off from some other one. I want to note that because you guys were probably RP'ing for a little while before we got to this part and I know that a long day of rping can cause posts to lose a lot of their pizzazz.

I want to highlight this post and a certain section in particular.

[CHAT] Rizion: -- '"Fine" he uttered in a soft tone, barely audible to those around him. A dangerous fire sparked behind his eyes and they showed signs of life rarely seen in him. He wanted to see how strong the Sam was. At a distance, the unseen force of their powers clashed crushing the frozen tera beneath their feet and sending thuding quakes throught the continent. Distant mountains shed layers of shale and snow in the resonating boom that thundered from their impending clash and Rizion stayed planted, waiting. His stance was open, left arm and leg forward, right foot behind him and his right hand, an open palm, held low. Energy covered his arm, collecting in his hand, like a blade extending from his shoulder. Sam came closer, forming a shield in front of it and Rizion's hand began to vibrate, the blade of energy pulsating over him. "Let's see how you can handle this. Tenketsuo!" '

This is what I would consider one of Rizion and to a lesser extent, my, trademarks for roleplaying on DBI. I don't really see a lot of others on channel that emulate the way fighting in DBZ effects the background. I see energy blasts shoot off all the time in the logs I read and a lot of description goes in the hit or the act of dodging them but after they go off into the distance they tend to get forgotten. For new roleplayers who might be scanning the comments, this is one of the best ways to add theater of mind to your posts. It's personally one of the things that sells the DBZ setting for me.

The ending here is pretty subtle but I feel as though Rizion was touching on one of the aspects of "stealing" an energy technique from someone else that rarely gets brought up: Knowing how to mimic an ability isn't the same as knowing how to do it well.

RPP rewarded.