*Thousand's Journey: A Message for Sam*

thousand

*Thousand's Journey: A Message for Sam*

Post by thousand » 14 Jan 2017, 01:00

Letter addressed to Sam in "Thousand's Journey: Departure"

A plain, white envelope, with the name "Sam" written on it in Thousand's handwriting lay on the left side of the workbench in Thousand's quarters, not far from its twin addressed to Requius. There was but a simple seal on it that anyone could open, and it contained but a single piece of paper, with Thousand's letter to Sam written on it.

Unfolding the letter, the reader would see the following.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Sam!

I'm really sorry that I have to say goodbye this way. I don't think I did a very good job of explaining it, but the system compelling me to investigate things can't wait any longer.

I know I promised to look after Jaraid and Flay while you and Req had your date, but I can't do it. I'm so sorry- you'll have to find someone else.

About your date- remember, Req isn't exactly like other girls. That should be obvious, but you know. She's a girl, but she's also sort of a computer, and she's also a dreadnaught. Take her to dinner, and on a gondola ride like we talked about, and when you're done, I suggest you take her to check out one of the old earth sea navy battleships that have been converted to museums. It's interesting, and right up her alley- I bet she'll love the deck guns in particular. You may find some of it rather dull, but that's a part of dating- you mix both of your interests, you both have fun, and you have it together. Put on a smile for her and keep her distracted, buddy. Call me arrogant, but she's going to miss me, and I'm sure she'll be even more upset than you are at my disappearing on you like this. Cheer her up, and keep her happy.

Also- I had promised Jaraid I'd answer some questions about androids that he had. I wanted to do that before I went, but that's yet another promise I just wasn't able to keep in the time I have left. Let him know that I intend to follow through on that just as soon as I get back. I just don't know how long this is going to take me.

I WILL be coming back though, count on it.

That brings me to the most important part of this letter. I've been looking after you, and doing my best to guide you, for a long time now, and I know that we disagree on a number of issues. I'm asking if you can put a little more weight on the things I've tried to teach you, and pass them on to your kids as I would have liked to. I know some of it is contrary to your very nature, but it's the kind of thing you have to do. I know you aren't interested, personally, in being a hero of any kind. Being a hero isn't a goal unto itself for you, though- it's a means to an end. You have family now, and we live in a very judgemental world that, thanks to your father's actions, is very prejudiced against your kind. Seeing you as a hero is pretty much the only thing that can overcome that. You're already there on Zeon, and you're part of the way there on Earth already. It's not about just what you want anymore- it's about laying the foundations for a world that can accept not only you and your kids, but their kids, and their kids, and however many more of you arise over the generations. Play the hero, Sam, even if you don't believe it, and the actions of Max Power can fade into dim memory in the wake of the legendary deeds of Sam.

It's not for you, buddy. It's for your family and their future. I hope that makes sense.

Last but not least... If Requius and Dumastin end up fighting, try not to get involved with that, as much as I know you'd be inclined to. I'm hoping that what I have for her will prevent that, but what Dumastin is doing is very important- I can say no more like this for the sake of his mission, but if I could tell you everything, trust me- you would support him wholeheartedly.

I need to get going now, pick up my ship and start my journey. Take care of yourself, and take care of Req.

Love you, man.
-Thousand

Lye

Re: *Thousand's Journey: A Message for Sam*

Post by Lye » 27 Mar 2017, 23:20

Covered in video review, reward when I'm finished for the evening.