Wiki Updates

Discuss the events going on in the world of RP here.
Luke

Wiki Updates

Post by Luke » 29 May 2012, 08:32

So I'm going through the Wiki updating pages to be more current with RP and to reword/reformat some of the uglier pages.

A few major changes have come about because of this and you guys should look over these edits and Roleplay accordingly, those pages namely being:

Current Events
RP Freebies
Tier System

I have basically gone ahead and cleared up a lot of the old plots from Current Events and will be using that page to help people stay up to day. I didn't add much, but you guys look closely you will see the beginning of something brewing in the Blizzard Forest on Earth.

RP Freebies has been changed quite a bit. I'm moved a lot of the free abilities around the tiers. Generally, you gain access to a lot of non-combat abilities much earlier on, and you get free "energy blasts" now.

The Tier system page has been updated with new descriptions for each tier. This isn't exactly set in stone, but this is how I invision the setting. Honestly it shouldn't change how any of you are roleplaying right now, but the MAJOR changes is the description of Transformations for each tier. Basically, I'm ruling that each "trans tier" where you receive a transformation is introductory and the transformation that you get is extremely unstable and unusable outside of life or death battles--with the following tier being one of developed mastery.

The OTHER large change is that I have gone ahead and "boosted" the general description and feel to T0/Starless to something a little more coherent with the setting. I am also seriously contemplating allowing a "T0" special ability right out of the gate. Feedback on this would be especially appreciated.

I'm going to work on attack templates next, and probably go over all the character profiles just to know what everyone is capable of and what needs to be adjusted. I'd like to get to a point where every single skill that we create has a template listed that we can reference so that when someone comes to me for a new ability I can reference similar abilities.

Anyway, this thread is to inform you guys of the changes and open discussion about anything that you have concerns with or maybe even things you want to praise. Suggestions and comments are welcome, but keep things civil as always.

Luke

Re: Wiki Updates

Post by Luke » 30 May 2012, 10:40

So, after a little feedback from certain players I've curved back the Energy Blast freebie. It's now an "Energy ball" at T0 once you reach Tier 2, which is basically an energy blast form of a full power punch--and a T1 Energy ball at Tier 3 that has a very small explosive charge.

It makes fundamental sense in my mind that at some point a fighter would just have to learn this most basic principle of ki. It's not meant to fill your CHAT alist as a special ability, it's just so that in absence of any other kind of reaction, you can spam an outburst of ki towards someone.

If you guys feel that this is still stepping over lines, please let me know.

Telarr

Post by Telarr » 30 May 2012, 16:33

Nice, it's been awhile since any form of changes has happened. We talked a bit on the mud and I get where your coming from, kind of. Rizion awhile back had talked about tier0/1, and we had discussed tossing tier0 out the window all together and making tier0, tier1 for the 45 reds it takes to get Tier2. You seemed... Against this, said it was a far stretch before anything happened. I don't agree quite so much. I think it displays a decent chance for characters to start with in the distance... Wait, wtf did I just say?

What I mean is, If it's 0-45 reds before you advance, and you CHOOSE to start your character as an untrained person you have a lot of flexing distance before people go "OMG YOU TIERED UP AMAZING!" and you still want to be like "No, no, still weak. Still need development..."

In your post you said something about giving tier0 people a free... Move, I think? This is something, if we choose not to nix tier0 which appears to be the case, a good idea. We could give people a 'signature' move at 5 red RPP, like Goku's kamehameha or Tien's dodonpa.

That's really all I got. - Mav

Luke

Post by Luke » 30 May 2012, 16:41

I'm not against getting rid of t0 per say, I myself enjoy that period of character development, but I do think 45 reds is a really long time before you see advancement. People could RP themselves as being lower power in that time stretch, that's true, but I think more people will just RP as a full fledged t1 and end up not really becoming anymore powerful for what feels like AGES. This could just be me--I'm not a very combat intense roleplayer--but if it took months and months just to hit the next power ceiling when I FIRST starting roleplaying, I think I'd get bored a little more quickly than if I had a brief introduction, than a stepping stone before the next power plateau.

Again that's my opinion. If everyone else is comfortable with that longer stretch then I'm not going to stand in the way.

As far as a T0 ability, I've been talking to Rizion about how we handle buying abilities anyway, and I'm really like the idea of annexing the "10 red" per ability system we have now and instead having "slots" that you gain each tier and could maybe buy more with green rpp as time goes on. But that's a much larger discussion that I'm not sure we need to invest in right now.

Again, I'm not so against a T0 skill, it's something people have wanted for a long time, which is why I'm considering it. I just don't "really" want to implement one unless we do something like lower the tiers down (T0 being the new T1) or getting rid of T0 all together. I did try to change the description of Starless as being more capable than it was in the past, more on par with Goku and Dragonball, so maybe this is more viable now.

Rounin

Post by Rounin » 07 Jun 2012, 07:57

Suggestion for T0. I think new players need to RP at this level, its instructive and gives a sense of progression. However, for people who have been RPing for a while, have established toons, we could imp a RP Reward where you use spendable RP and upgrade a new alt of your choice to T1. I would say they get a free 10 red to use, since they don't have the reds for any techniques, but when they actually hit 10 reds, they loose the freebies.