Tier 0

Discuss the events going on in the world of RP here.
Biracazir

Tier 0

Post by Biracazir » 30 Mar 2010, 14:57

So, discussing something with other RPers and, an idea was passed out:

What if at 5 RPP you get a technique that is a Lifeline technique? As in. You use it, you're done. I think it would just even some things out, now I know t0's can take out t1's on there own, but I just thought it might make our world a bit more...diverse.

Telarr

Re: Tier 0

Post by Telarr » 30 Mar 2010, 15:05

I like this idea. Rizion said something along the lines of "Tier0 is the funnest because you run around fighting people with your fists. You don't see a tier3 throwing a regular punch very often." thats... I can kind of agree with that. If this wasn't DBZ based. But it is. You didn't see kid buu punch someone, he stretched then laughed at you before he throw you across the planet.

I HATE tier0. I find it boring in so many ways. It's no fun to basicly be a normal human, I can understand. I'm not human. I'm green with pointed ears. I'm still basicly trapped to the limitations I am IRL. Whatever though.

How about this, instead of tier0 being human. Leave it up to the RPer. Tier 0 - Your basicly as strong as goku and krillin or Roshi if your trained highly(Goku threw a car in one of the first episodes, but he struggled with it.) so... Your slightly more powerful then regular humans.

As Biracazir said, at 5 red RPP you can get a skill. This would be your lifeline, like Goku's Kamehameha during Dragonball. He used it once then complained he was hungry and couldn't do it again.

Ceal

Post by Ceal » 30 Mar 2010, 23:47

Quit'chur bitching and RP it out. Getting to tier 1 is just an OMG relieving feeling, it's euphoric to know that you aren't a bitch anymore, and it means you fucking accomplished something in your WORTHLESS GOD DAMN SHORT-LIVED LIFE!!
God damn.

Telarr

Post by Telarr » 31 Mar 2010, 00:14

That is... NOT what I meant when I asked you to comment on this, Karasu.

I higthly doubt that you like tier0 any more then I do.

Lye

Post by Lye » 31 Mar 2010, 15:09

I actually like Rping as Tier 0, sure you don't have all the bad-ass powers of the later Tier's but it means you have to use your head a whole lot more to survive. I went through the first Tier twice with Atton/Itzal and enjoyed it each time. Hell, I even made up a D&D planet upon coming back so I could have a bad-ass survival adventure. Besides, the reqs for Tier 1 have been dropped down to 15. It started out as 20, that's a difference of like four or five logs depending. I will say that it should be allowable for Tier 0's to start demonstrating low-Tier 1 strength around 9-15 reds to show that they're getting stronger though. Nothing to major or anything, just make them like double in physical strength when they start getting into major shit.

Nygmus

Post by Nygmus » 31 Mar 2010, 15:26

Disclaimer alert: I'm just rambling thoughts here; I don't mean any of this directed at any single person, including the people who have posted here otherwise.

It feels, in a way, that t0 is a bit of a filter. That is, it's a roadblock of sorts, and I think it's one reason we have somewhat fewer new RPers than we did prewipe. The reason for that, I think, is because the kinds of people who didn't stick around prewipe (people who were in it to powergame crazy shit, people who were in it for the cheapo rewards) are also the kind of people most deterred by the requirement that you RP as a Starless for a while.

It's an interesting phenomenon; the kinda people I'm MOST interested in attracting (people who are here specifically for RP, not for rewards or just to blow shit up but to roleplay and develop a character) are also the people who tend to be least bothered by their time as a Starless. Much like the kind of people Rendo is most interested in attracting are also the kind of people who are least bothered by grinding, PK, and quests.

I pity the poor social scientist bastards who assign themselves "study games for signs of civilization" as work.

Tal

Post by Tal » 31 Mar 2010, 17:20

Yes I have to agree, Tier 0 isnt fun...you have people who can woop you hard as it is...why does everyone in this world start at Tier0...lets see everyone is suppose to be different in some way...yet having them start at Tier0 makes then to common and equal...then to have to run around smashing things up and such makes it abit more fun yes but why Tier0? maybe start all chars at Tier1, make them earn enough rpp to get there first power..then make them learn to use it and train it....like we do already except find away to make it so they have to train a set number of powers/abilitys to a certain level before they can achive a new tier....not just by gaining rpp....sorta like a mini evolution in away...well just mt thoughts on this...

Nygmus

Post by Nygmus » 31 Mar 2010, 17:48

My original plan/desire for the tier system was that tiers would be manually set by each admin; you'd have to apply for a tier advancement once you met the requirements (which would be public).

The point there being, you had to go out and do things, develop your character, USE your powers, or your advancement app could be denied. It would also allow things like someone who doesn't QUITE meet the strict requirements but who just blew us all out of the water with a piece of awesome being awarded an early advance for that, or someone who antagonizes the imms and makes RP more difficult for us and everyone else being denied advancement for a period as a form of punishment.

In the end, it was decided that it should be handled automatically, and Rendo did the code. While we've seen a couple problems pop up as a result of this, I suppose it's probably for the best overall... though, dammit, I would have LOVED having the option to set Age tier caps back when things were first shaking out. Setting a blanket limit keeping anyone from passing t2 during the Age of Mortals would have made things a *lot* easier, and would have, I think, helped to elicit the Dragonball-esque feeling I was hoping for, rather than the scenario that arose (a couple of people powerful enough to challenge the world popping out without any existing counters to apply to them).

Now that things have matured a bit, a highbie who gets out of control has in-universe stuff to counter them. If Itzal went on a rampage, Lord Talon would probably have the resources to make his life difficult, for instance.

Seran

Post by Seran » 11 Sep 2010, 20:12

Dunno if anyone has thought on this lately, but why not let Tier 0's learn this Lifeline attack? Give them something to work on that they cant quite perfect since they are essentially nobodies, but something they can in theory call their own. Hercule had his own series of moves, granted they did nothing at all.

Kalmega

Post by Kalmega » 11 Sep 2010, 20:19

We should allow tier 0s a one shot attack, for free, on the premise that it will become their first T1 ability. That's all for now, at work!

~Saeji